The 2017 City Election will be held Tuesday, Nov. 7. Waukee residents interested in running for one of three city council positions, all with four-year terms beginning January 1, 2018 and ending December 31, 2021, are welcome to submit affidavits and nomination petitions. The Dallas County Auditor is the filing officer for City elections and petitions will no longer be accepted by the Waukee City Clerk. Here is some information on the nomination process:
- Waukee follows Code of Iowa Chapter 45 for elections.
- Waukee does not have a ward system, and elections are non-partisan.
- Candidates must submit at least 25 signatures from Waukee residents.
- The filing period for affidavits and nomination petitions is August 28 through 5 p.m. on September 21. Papers must be filed with the Dallas County Elections Office at 210 N. 10th Street, Adel.
- Election Day is Tuesday, Nov. 7.
Affidavits and nomination petitions are available at Waukee City Hall or from the Iowa Secretary of State website. Please contact the Dallas County Auditor at 515-993-6950 or Waukee City Clerk Becky Schuett at 515-978-7904 if you have any questions about the nomination or election process.