The City of Waukee is seeking applications from residents who would like to become members of one of the City’s many important boards and commissions. Applications for seats on the following City boards and commissions are due by Thursday, Nov. 30, 2017.
- Board of Appeals meets on an as-needed basis to consider appeals related to City building codes. (One open seat)
- Community and Economic Development Advisory Council (CEDAC) acts as an advisory group to the City's Community and Economic Development Department. (Four open seats)
- Park Board facilitates planning and improving parks, trails, open spaces, etc. Members organize community programs and events. (Three open seats)
- Planning and Zoning Commission acts as a recommending board to the City Council on development proposals, rezoning applications and site plans. (Two open seats)
- Zoning Board of Adjustment meets when an application is presented for consideration as it applies to a variance from the Zoning Ordinance. (One open seat)
Waukee Public Library Board of Trustees terms expire mid-year, however applications are accepted year-round.
Click here for an application form and a description sheet of the duties for each board and commission or pick them up at Waukee City Hall (230 W. Hickman Road). Please email City Clerk Becky Schuett or call 515-978-7904 with questions.