Sign Up for Utilities
- Water, gas, garbage and sewer are City of Waukee-run utilities for most residents. Sign up online here or call Waukee Utility Billing at 515-978-5502. For new construction, it is recommended that you call several days ahead of time to allow City staff to check meters and order garbage and recycling containers for that address. Deposits are $50 each for gas and water for property owners and $100 each for renters.
- Turn on electricity service by calling MidAmerican Energy at 1-888-427-5632 or visiting MidAmericanEnergy.com/Moving.
- For a full list of telephone, internet and cable/satellite providers that serve the Waukee area, please visit Waukee.org/UtilityCompanies or search online.
- Please read about natural gas safety at Waukee.org/GasDept and learn about stormwater at Waukee.org/Stormwater.
Change Mailing Address
- Visit the Waukee Post Office at 500 W. Hickman Road or go online to USPS.com.
Check on Property Taxes
- If you are a homeowner with property taxes not built into a mortgage, please call the Dallas County Treasurer at 515-993-5808 to inquire about your property taxes.
Update Driver’s License
- The Iowa DOT’s Driver’s License Office for Dallas County residents is located at 1156 S.E. Ashworth Road in Waukee. Visit IowaDOT.gov for additional information.
- You may also qualify for online renewal. Visit https://mymvd.iowadot.gov to see if you meet the requirements.
Register Motor Vehicles
- If you are moving here from another Iowa county, by updating your driver’s license, your vehicle registration will automatically transfer to Dallas County. Be sure to check that your annual registration renewal mailing is indeed sent by Dallas County. It is not required that you change out your license plates; however, you can do so for a fee. Call 515-993-5812 with questions.
- If you are moving here from out of state, please visit the Dallas County Treasurer’s Office at 801 Court Street, Room 100 in Adel.
Get a Library Card
- Visit the Waukee Public Library at 950 Warrior Lane. Children (with an adult present) must be 5 or older to sign up for a card. Adults must show a photo ID. To start the process ahead of time, visit WaukeePublicLibrary.org.
Register to Vote
There are several ways to register to vote in Dallas County:
- If you have updated your Iowa Driver’s License with your current Waukee address, you can register electronically at http://sos.iowa.gov/.
- To print a mailable form from the Dallas County Auditor, visit Waukee.org/VoterReg.
- You may register to vote in person at the Dallas County Office of Elections located at 210 N. 10th Street in Adel. Please call 515-993-4751 with questions.
- Visit http://sos.iowa.gov/ to locate your polling place(s) or call the Dallas County Elections Office at 515-993-6914.
Enroll in Waukee Schools
- Call 515-987-2706 or visit WaukeeSchools.org to begin the enrollment process.
- To register pets with the City, please visit PetData.com. Dog and cat licenses are $15 for altered pets and $25 for unaltered pets. Waukee residents are required to license pets annually per City ordinance. Proof of rabies vaccination is required. No more than three cats and three dogs are permitted per household. Find more details on having a pet in Waukee here, including information on Trailside Dog Park.