Utility Billing

The City of Waukee provides gas, water, waste water (sewer), irrigation, garbage, and stormwater services. It is necessary to apply for your new services at least 24 hours in advance of your date of possession. It is recommended that you call first to get the preliminary paperwork started. As soon as a start date is determined, please let the department know. If moving into a newly-constructed home, trash bins will be delivered sooner if you call up to a week ahead of time.

To protect your identity we require you to apply in person and show proof of your identity with a government-issued picture ID. You will also need to furnish a daytime telephone number, a new mailing address, and a gas and water deposit. If you are moving from out of state and cannot come into the office until the closing date, please call at least 24 hours in advance of your date of possession.


The gas and water deposit amounts vary depending upon the services at your specific address and must be paid before service can be established. Deposits must be made by cash, check, or money order (credit / debit cards are not accepted). Unpaid deposits may result in immediate disconnection of services. Deposits are refunded after 12 consecutive monthly on-time payments. If you move prior to that time the deposit will be refunded on your final bill.

Due Dates

Bills are due upon receipt and are considered past due if not paid in the office by 5 p.m. on the 20th of each month. For explanation of charges, please look online.