- Park Rules
The City of Waukee has established rules and regulations governing the use of Triumph Park to facilitate the enjoyment of the park facilities and recreational trails. Download a copy of the rules here.
Scheduled Ball Field Usage
A field may be rented utilizing the Triumph Park Ball Field reservation system for your activity. Please make sure that your usage complies with the outlined rules and regulations for each of the fields or practices pods.
Practice and Warm-up Guidelines
Please do not hit or throw directly into any fences within Triumph Park. No soft toss or batting drills will be allowed on the outfield turf at any time. Each field has a batting cage associated with it and should be utilized for hitting drills. Observe turf conditions and rotate location of warm-ups and practice drills to avoid excess wear to the turf. Please stay off the foul line. No usage will be allowed on fields by teams or individuals that are not scheduled on that field. Teams should be completely done with their practice at the completion of their designated time and exit the field and practice facilities promptly. Teams should verify that the area is cleaned of trash and is in the same condition as when they arrived.
- No metal spikes inside the batting cages
- No sunflower seeds within artificial turf areas including batting cages; sunflower seeds must be disposed of in a proper container
- No metal spikes on temporary pitching mounds
- No live hitting will be allowed on the practice pods.
The Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel all reservations and activities on fields for any reason including but not limited to inclement weather and/or diamond conditions. Field condition cancellations will be communicated to the tournament or league director as deemed necessary. All rentals will be final and no refunds provided unless notified 48 hours in advance of the rental time.
All maintenance on fields will be performed by Triumph Park grounds crew. Unauthorized field maintenance is prohibited and could result in loss of future rentals.
Field light usage will be at the sole discretion of the Triumph Park staff.
In the event of lightning or inclement weather all spectators and participants will be asked to evacuate and wait in their vehicles.
Facility usage hours are 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. or with prior approval from Triumph Park Staff.
Parking is allowed in parking lot areas only. Vehicles are not allowed to park on grass surfaces. No campers or RV’s will be allowed in the parking lot during events or overnight without prior approval.
Trash and Litter
Please help the maintenance crew by making sure that your team picks up all trash and litter in their dugout following their game or practice.
Smoking and use of tobacco products is prohibited
Alcohol is prohibited within Triumph Park
Grills are prohibited within Triumph Park
Outside coolers are prohibited within Triumph Park
All pets must be on a leash. Pets are not allowed on fields at any time. Owners are responsible for picking up after their dog.
- Any person undertaking any activity at or near a City-owned pond does so at his or her own risk and is solely responsible for his or her safety.
- Any person who fishes shall be in full compliance with applicable state law and DNR regulations and, further, shall be familiar with applicable DNR guidelines.
- No kayaks, paddle boats, motorboats, rafts or boats are allowed on the water.
- No person shall wade, swim or otherwise enter the water.
- No cleaning, disposing or gutting of fish is allowed on City-owned property including, but not limited to, City parks, ponds, trails, tables or shelters
- Any person who stands, walks, ice fishes or otherwise enters on such frozen surfaces does so at his or her own risk and is solely responsible for his or her safety.
- Any person who ice fishes on such frozen surfaces shall assure they remain in full compliance with applicable state law and DNR regulations and, further, shall be familiar with applicable DNR guidelines.
- No ice fishing structures, or other appurtenances shall be used or otherwise be placed on the ice, except between one half hour after official sunrise and one half hour before official sunset.
- No motorized augers or other drilling devices shall be used on the ice, except between one half hour after official sunrise and one-half hour before official sunset.
- No cleaning, disposing or gutting of fish is allowed on City-owned property including, but not limited to, City parks, ponds, trails, tables or shelters.
Violation of Rules
Failure to comply with user guidelines may result in the loss of future privileges.